It may shock you to learn that products in your laundry room are toxic, but it’s a fact.
We tend to get too comfortable with products in our laundry simply because we’ve used them for so long we don’t think about it much. But it is a fact that dryer sheets contain highly toxic substances that can be bad for your skin, your breathing, and the environment.
On average, a household contains over 60 toxic chemicals and we’re exposed to them daily. Ingredients in common household products have been linked to asthma, cancer, reproductive disorders, hormone disruption and neurotoxicity. This is not intended to frighten you, but merely encourage you to look closely at the facts and what’s in your laundry room.
Toxic dryer sheets contain fragrance and other chemicals that can trigger asthma and disrupt hormones. These chemicals stay on your clothes, rub off and absorb into your skin. Most products can be deemed safe or not by reading the label, but manufacturers aren’t required to disclose which ingredients are harmful.
A recent study tested five name brand dryer sheets and revealed that the dryer sheets emitted 15 endocrine disrupting compounds (EDCs) and chemicals associated with asthma. Evidence from studies suggests that EDCs can affect developing reproductive and nervous systems, metabolism, and cancer.
There are wool dryer balls and then there are Island Slumber New Zealand Organic Wool Dryer Balls. These are the best for many reasons, and you can add essential oils to them, too, for scent you like most.
Here are the benefits:
- Lowers your energy bill: Using dryer balls allow you to reduce heat settings and speed up drying time from 25 to 50 percent depending on the size of the load and how many dryer balls you use. Dryer balls help circulate air in the dryer, allowing the laundry to dry more quickly.
- Saves money: Within a few short months wool dryer balls pay for themselves. Dryer balls last much longer and cost much less than using dryer sheets or liquid fabric softener.
- Long lasting: Dryer balls will last for over 1,000 loads or roughly 3-5 years.
- Eco-Friendly: Reduces your carbon footprint
- Non-Toxic: Decreases your exposure to chemicals
How to Use Island Slumber New Zealand Organic Wool Dryer Balls
- Add 3 wool dryer balls to your dryer.
- Run your dryer on medium heat cycle
- Leave your dryer balls in the dryer for your next load
How to Add Essential Oils to Your Wool Dryer Balls
If you want them scented, add 3-4 drops of an organic essential oil to each ball, and run them on the no heat setting with your laundry for ten minutes.
When you buy Island Slumber New Zealand Organic Dryer Balls you are decreasing your carbon footprint, ensuring better health for your family, and also planting a new tree. Plant a Tree Program ensures that a new tree is planted by our reliable partners at American Forests somewhere in the U.S.