t’s beautiful, delightfully aromatic, and a lovely touch to any décor -- Lavender. And now that we know lavender help you sleep better, not to mention it has aphrodisiac effects, well, frankly, we can’t find any reason not to love lavender.
Lavender is a perennial and evergreen plant. There are more than 40 types of lavender. One that is common and used for medicinal purposes is Lavendula angustifolia. Native to North Africa and the Mediterranean region, lavender now also grows throughout the United Kingdom and in parts of the United States, as well as other parts of the world.
Wherever lavender grows, it grows abundantly. In fact, it grows so fast, many people mistake it for a weed. The plant’s flowers, leaves and essential oil are all used as natural medicines, including a proven sleep aid.
As a popular aromatherapy tool for sleep problems, lavender can improve mood and relieve stress. Several studies show using lavender oil for aromatherapy can help you sleep better, including people with insomnia, depression, and anxiety. Aromatherapy using lavender oil may also increase time spent in deep, slow-wave sleep.
Island Slumber has been a huge fan of lavender for a long time. That’s why we have beautiful sleep essentials that include naturally aromatic lavender candles, soothing lavender oils, and calming lavender bath bombs.
And remember, each time you make a purchase with Island Slumber you are getting a tree planted for doing so. That’s our way of sustaining planet Earth and helping you feel good about “living green”.
How to use lavender
Here are some tips on how to use lavender so you’ll have a lovely night’s sleep:
- On your bedside table, keep pure lavender oil, a diffuser, and a pillow spray to use to give your pillowcases a fine spritz
- Dab a drop or twoof essential oil on your temples, wrists or neck before bedtime
- Sprinkle a few drops on a piece oftissue and tuck it under your pillow
- Use a diffuser that sprays a fine mist of water and essential oil into the air as you sleep
- Take a warm bath with a few drops of lavender oil added
- Smooth a lavender-scented body lotion into your skin before you hit the sheets
Now prepare for a dreamlike sleep with visions that you’re running through fields of lovely lavender.Night, night.